- What are the various Registration options?
Online registrations- Visit www.thechennaimarathon.com to register.
Bulk / Corporate registrations [more than 25 registrations]: Write to us by posting an enquiry @ contact us tab and we will get in touch with you within 24hours.
- I have made the payment online, but there is no confirmation mail generated?
Kindly send us an email with details of payment made along with the date of payment. We will check with our records and get in touch with you. If payment has been registered, then a confirmation email will be resent. Gmail users are requested to check the Promotions tab.
- I have made the payment online, received confirmation mail but no BIB number generated?
Yes, this year the BIB numbers are generated after closure of registration. You can have the reference number for any communication. You will receive the BIB number closer to the race day.
- Can I change the race category?
Yes, Race Category Change is allowed till Nov 30, 2018. Kindly visit, www.thechennaimarathon.com for Change category request.
- What about cancellation and refund of registration fee?
We do understand that unforeseen circumstances might force you to withdraw from the race. But unfortunately, no cancellations or refunds will be entertained. In case of your application getting rejected by Race Organizers, full refund will be initiated.
- Can I register for a friend/family member?
Yes. You can choose the number of registrations you wanted to do against each category and proceed with adding all Attendee details. You can also use the Add Runner Option to register your friend/family member. In such registrations, we recommend you fill right details and explain to them about the Medical Information you are filling with the Health Declaration / Waiver you are accepting on their behalf.
- What will I get after registering for the marathon?
A running number bib (without which you will not be allowed on the course) with an electronic timing chip; a race T-shirt & goodie bag, a finisher’s medal and a hearty breakfast. On race day you can also expect baggage handling, on-course hydration, medical support, and of course a great running experience.
- Can someone else collect the Bib and race kit on my behalf?
Yes, you can have a friend/colleague/family member collect the bib and Marathon kit on your behalf. However, the representative needs to produce the following,
An authorization letter signed by participant directing us to hand over the kit to the representative.
A photocopy of the representative’s ID proof (Driving license, Passport, School/ College identity card, PAN card, Voters ID, Aadhar card)
- Can I collect the Race Kit on the race day?
No, the bib and the race kit needs to be collected at the Expo. Details of Expo will be shared shortly.
- Can I transfer my registration to a friend / family member?
No. The Chennai Marathon 2019 registration is non-transferrable.
- How do we contact you directly?
For any queries or clarification, reach out to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are there any registration criteria for Full Marathon?
Yes. Applications from Runners who have run a full marathon in 6 Hours (or) Half Marathon in 3 Hours, with Valid Timing Certificate will alone be approved. Runners whose applications get rejected, will be given an option to Change Category (or) request for Full Refund.
- Is there any cut off time for Full Marathon?
Yes. Details of Cut Off time will be communicated during the Chennai Marathon 2019 Expo.
- What if my Full Marathon application gets rejected?
You will be intimated about your Full Marathon Application rejection and will be given an option to Change to a lower Category (or) request for Full refund.
- What details are required to support the registration criteria?
We would request you to share the Timing Certificate Link from the Qualifying Race along with details like Race Category & your BIB number.
- What will happen if I do not have any valid document for my previous race timing?
Your application will be rejected and will be given an option to Change to a lower Category (or) request for Full refund.
- Do all the runners get the timing chip?
Yes, A timing chip is pasted on the bib for all runners participating in The Chennai Marathon 2019
- Where does the Race Start and End?
The details will be updated shortly. Visit our website to get more details.
- What are the race timings & proposed route?
Stay tuned to this space for details. Information will also be sent through email as we get closer to the race date.
- Will there be baggage collection?
We offer baggage collection and storage facility for the event. Details shall be shared closer to the event date.
- What about the parking and other arrangements?
We will be making all necessary arrangement to ensure all participants have a memorable experience, Stay tuned to this space for details.
- What do you provide in the Aid Station?
At each Aid station the runner will find adequate water, energy drink, fruits, biscuits & Pain relief sprays. We also have medical professionals at each aid station to handle any emergencies.
- What kind of attire should I wear when I come for the marathon?
It is best to wear comfortable clothes and good shoes for the run. Choose a pair of running shoes with good cushioning and suitable for running.
- Will everyone get a medal and the certificate?
Yes, all finishers completing within cutoff timing set by The Chennai Marathon 2019 team will get a medal and downloadable e-certificate.