GUIDELINES FOR SKECHERS PERFORMANCE CHENNAI MARATHON 2021 (SPCM 2021)
The positive impact of running on our physical and mental health cannot be impressed enough and this pandemic has been a testament to the importance of staying fit. Chennai Runners through its various chapters spread across the city through various running initiatives has been encouraging people to get and stay fit through running. The Chennai Marathon, the second-largest marathon in India is one such landmark initiative that is powered by Chennai Runners.
On that note, we are excited to announce that the much-awaited ninth edition of SPCM 2021 hosted by Chennai Runners will be held on the 3rd January 2021 for four categories – 10km, Half marathon, 20 miler, and full marathon.
Taking into consideration guidelines proposed by the CDC and WHO and the local authorities, please make a note of the rules and regulations for the event:
- Registrations will open a month before the event with strict timing criteria to limit the number of participants.
- The minimum age for participation will be 16. The maximum age allowed will be 60 years as on the event date.
- All participants will be required to sign an online medical indemnity and an agreement form confirming their compliance with all safety requirements.
A day before the race
- BIBs will be distributed in an open ground with social distancing norms in place.
- The temperature will be checked by volunteers with a non-contact digital thermometer. Participants with temperature above 100.4 (temperature set by CDC) will not be allowed to collect the bib.
- All participants must sanitize their hands before collecting the BIB.
- A ‘Symptom Questionnaire’ will be shared with participants once their agreement and medical forms are checked which will then be verified. The BIB and a colored band to be worn at all times during the event will then be issued to verified participants.
- Sanitizers and masks will be available at multiple locations. All volunteers should wear a mask and those in aid stations and food areas must wear protective gloves as well.
- Additionally, volunteers at the start and finish areas must also wear a face shield.
- The aid stations, medals, and food kiosks are designed to be zero contact areas.
- All runners should wear a mask until they start running. Trash bins will be placed at the start points for them to dispose of their masks. Runners are encouraged to wear bandanas.
- Runners will wait at demarcated areas before the beginning of the race. Every 30 seconds, with the wave of a flag, 10 runners will step into the start area to begin their race.
- Volunteers at the aid station will arrange hydration supplies in a manner that runners will pick it up on the go. Volunteers at no point should hand over supplies directly to runners.
- Runners can pick the hydration on the go. Runners who wish to stop and drink water may do so by moving well away from the path of other runners.
- No one will be allowed to crowd near the finish line.
- Runners must wear a mask as soon as they finish their run. Volunteers will provide them with masks if they have none.
- Runners who need medical attention can proceed to the medical tent.
- After finishing the run, runners can pick up their medal and food packets. Please note – these are zero contact areas.
- Runners are advised not to stay at the venue for too long or crowd in the car park areas.
Norms for organizers and volunteers
- All organizers and volunteers will check their temperature every day, starting 5 days before the morning of the event.
- A ‘Symptom Questionnaire’ will have to be filled by all volunteers.
- A briefing on COVID protocols will be given to all on duty.
1. What are the various Registration options?
- Online registrations- Visit www.thechennaimarathon.com to register.
- Bulk / Corporate registrations: We do not have bulk / corporate registrations this year. For further details, please write to us at email@example.com
2. I have made the payment online, but there is no confirmation mail generated?
- Kindly send us an email with details of payment made along with the date of payment. We will check with our records and get in touch with you. If payment has been registered, then a confirmation email will be resent. Gmail users are requested to check the Promotions tab.
3. I have made the payment online, received confirmation mail but no BIB number generated?
- Yes, this year the BIB numbers are generated after closure of registration. You can have the reference number for any communication. You will receive the BIB number closer to the race day.
4. Can I change the race category?
- No, Race Category Change is not allowed in this edition of the Chennai Marathon.
5. What about cancellation and refund of the registration fee?
- We do understand that unforeseen circumstances might force you to withdraw from the race. But unfortunately, no cancellations or refunds will be entertained. In case of your application getting rejected by Race Organizers, full refund will be initiated.
6. Can I register for a friend/family member?
- Yes. You can choose the number of registrations you wanted to do against each category and proceed with adding all Attendee details. You can also use the Add Runner Option to register your friend / family member. In such registrations, we recommend you fill in the right details and explain to them about the Medical Information you are filling with the Health Declaration / Waiver you are accepting on their behalf. It is important the health declaration & Covid guidelines are read & communicated before the registration.
7. What will I get after registering for the marathon?
- A running number bib (without which you will not be allowed on the course) with an electronic timing chip; a race T-shirt & goodie bag, a finisher’s medal and a packed breakfast. On race day you can also expect baggage handling, on-course hydration, medical support, and of course a great running experience.
8. Can someone else collect the Bib and race kit on my behalf?
- No, it is mandated that the runner comes personally to collect the BIB and race kit in the Expo.
9. Can I collect the Race Kit on race day?
- No, the bib and the race kit needs to be collected at the Expo. Details of Expo will be shared shortly.
10. Can I transfer my registration to a friend / family member?
- No. The Chennai Marathon 2021 registration is non-transferrable.
11. How do we contact you directly?
- For any queries or clarification, reach out to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Can you share details of the registration window?
- Registrations will open on 01 Dec, 2020 and Close by 05 Dec, 2020*
(*Registration will close early as and when we reach the permitted numbers.)
- Each category will have a defined number of registrations and the category will be shown Sold out if the numbers are met.
1. Are there any registration criteria for different race categories?
- Full Marathon:
- Entry Criteria 1: Full Marathon in 6 Hours
- Entry Criteria 2: Twenty Miler in 4:30 Hours
- Entry Criteria 3: Half Marathon in 2:45 Hours
- Twenty Miler:
- Entry Criteria 1: Twenty Miler in 4:30 Hours
- Entry Criteria 2: Half Marathon in 3 Hours
- Half Marathon:
- Entry Criteria 1: Half Marathon in 3 Hours
- Entry Criteria 2: 10 Kms in 70 minutes
- 10 Kms:
- Entry Criteria 1: 10 Kms in 75 minutes
* Please produce timing certificate not older than July 2019
Applications meeting above criteria will alone be approved. Runners whose applications get rejected, will be given an option to Change Category (or) request for Full Refund.
2. What if my application gets rejected?
- You will be intimated about your Application rejection and will be given an option to Change to a lower Category (or) request for Full refund.
3. What details are required to support the registration criteria?
- We would request you to share the Timing Certificate Link from the Qualifying Race along with details like Race Category & your BIB number.
4. What will happen if I do not have any valid document for my previous race timing?
- Your application will be rejected and will be given an option to Change to a lower Category (or) request for Full refund.
5. What are the age criteria for SPCM 2021?
- For 10 Kms: 16 years of age as on event date, and the maximum age allowed will be 60 years as on the event date.
- For 21/32/42 : 18 years of age as on event date, and the maximum age allowed will be 60 years as on the event date.
1. Do all the runners get the timing chip?
- Yes, A timing chip is pasted on the bib for all runners participating in The Chennai Marathon 2021
2. Where does the Race Start and End?
- The details will be updated shortly. Visit our website to get more details.
3. What are the race timings & proposed route?
- Stay tuned to this space for details. Information will also be sent through email as we get closer to the race date.
4. Will there be baggage collection?
- We offer baggage collection and storage facilities for the event. Details shall be shared closer to the event date.
5. What about the parking and other arrangements?
- We will be making all the necessary arrangements to ensure all participants have a memorable experience, Stay tuned to this space for details.
6. What do you provide in the Aid Station?
- At each Aid station the runner will find adequate water, energy drink, fruits, biscuits & Pain relief sprays. We also have medical professionals at each aid station to handle any emergencies.
7. What kind of attire should I wear when I come for the marathon?
- It is best to wear comfortable clothes and good shoes for the run. Choose a pair of running shoes with good cushioning and suitable for running.
8. Will everyone get a medal and the certificate?
- Yes, all finishers completing within the cutoff timing set by The Chennai Marathon 2021 team will get a medal and downloadable e-certificate.